Open position: PhD student in bioinformatics
We are recruiting a PhD student in bioinformatics to investigate how environmental fungi acquire the ability to cause human disease using metagenomic, transcriptomic, and genomic approaches.
More information about the project, our group, and what we offer can be found in the video below:
The main tasks of this PhD project include:
- Defining metagenomic communities and microbial interaction networks involving human-pathogenic fungi.
- Delineating shared and niche-specific response patterns among ecological and human-associated environments.
The required qualifications are:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in bioinformatics, computational biology, microbiology, biochemistry, computer science, or a related discipline.
- Knowledge and expertise in the analysis of biological high-throughput data.
- Knowledge in statistical methods in the context of biological systems.
- Experience with programming (Python, Perl, R, or C++).
- Very good communication skills in English.
Applications can be made until December 3, 2020.